Search engine optimization (SEO) is an extremely important element of any successful online marketing strategy.
However, the way you go about making sure you are found online when people search for what you do has changed over the years.
It used to be a “mechanical” exercise whereby SEO practitioners would try to figure out how to beat the system. It has now evolved (and this is a good thing) to a marketing-driven exercise.
If you understand your target audience, and do a good job of creating value for them by sharing your subject matter expertise online, then the search engines will reward you.
Consistently producing and disseminating relevant, timely decision-facilitating information that helps prospects make informed decisions will ultimately move you into those coveted search engine ranking positions.
If you do the right things consistently, high search engine rankings are simply the by-product of a job well done.
This infographic from QuickSprout does a good job of describing the evolution of search engine optimization, and clearly illustrates this shift from SEO being a tactical, keyword-driven exercise to an “outside-in”, strategic discipline.
Check it out!
What SEO Used to Be Versus What SEO Is Now
>> Need help developing an online marketing strategy that optimizes your search engine rankings? We can help! Contact us and we’ll talk about how to get your business more leads online.
Like this? You might also like:
- Are You Optimizing Your Content for Search Engines?
- Everything Business Owners Need to Know About Ranking for Local Search [Infographic]
- #TechnologyAndStuff: Why Your Company Needs to be Human
- How Digital Marketing Technology Enhances the Customer Journey - August 30, 2023
- Why You Need a Digital Marketing Plan - June 1, 2023
- What is Google Analytics 4 and Why You Should Update Now - February 8, 2023