Content marketing has received considerable attention over the past few years and is generally regarded as a critical component within any online marketing strategy.
According to a CEB Study (Competing in Today’s B2B Battleground), today’s prospects are typically 57% of the way through their purchase process before they contact suppliers. Therefore, your content must be present where they are doing the bulk of their learning; online.
Content is the “currency” of online marketing; it’s what gets shared through social media to build brand recognition and credibility; it’s what external sources point to which improves your link profile and search engine rankings; it’s what prospects gravitate to in order to make informed decisions and to avoid suffering from buyer’s remorse.
Fresh, relevant content, distributed through a number of online channels, expands your reach and credibility, and positions you as a subject matter expert.
Any organization that wants to be successful online must be committed to being a content developing organization. Without compelling and up to date content, it’s unlikely you will be found online when people search for what you do. Even if they happen to find you, if your content does not provide them with information that assists with decision making, they likely will not convert into a qualified lead.
There is no doubt that educational-based content is becoming more predominant in decision-making as buyers become more dependent on the internet to perform their research.
Pratik Dholakiya provides excellent insights about content marketing in an article titled “12 Trends Search Marketers Can’t Ignore in Content Marketing”.
The article’s key points:
- Content marketing must be used to optimize search engine rankings.
- Content marketing is about educating, not selling.
- Brand building will become more integrated with content.
- Effective content marketing requires a sound distribution strategy.
- Content Marketing and Social Media work hand in hand.
- Content Marketing principles should be used to make email marketing more effective.
- Local businesses need to develop local content.
- Content must be personalized as much as possible.
- Repurposing content will become more prevalent.
- Guest blogging is a very good way to increase visibility and reach.
- Vertical or niche based content can be a significant differentiator.
- More companies are embracing content marketing within their business development processes.
>> Core Online Marketing is an outsourced digital marketing agency with expertise in content creation, social media, SEO, email marketing, and much more! Contact us or sign up for our free online marketing seminar.
Like this? You might also like:
- Are You Making These 5 Mistakes in Your SEO Strategy?
- 6 Online Marketing Trends You Should Capitalize On
- Use these 10 Conversion Tactics in Your Online Marketing [Infographic]
- How Digital Marketing Technology Enhances the Customer Journey - August 30, 2023
- Why You Need a Digital Marketing Plan - June 1, 2023
- What is Google Analytics 4 and Why You Should Update Now - February 8, 2023