Many businesses don’t realize how critical continuous content development is to achieving online marketing goals.
Content must be central to any online marketing strategy; on-going content creation and distribution is the first thing you must commit to if you want to be successful online.
Content developers play a key role in the online marketing world; they create material that is of interest and value to your target prospects.
What exactly do online content developers do?
Successful online marketing starts with a strong online presence. In this respect, content developers play an undeniably important role.
- Website Content
A content developer crafts decision-facilitating information that communicates your business’s value to prospects. With captivating content and compelling calls-to-action (CTAs), website visitors will be compelled to move to a next step in your business development process.
- Keyword Implementation
Content must boost search engine rankings by using keywords in copy, headings, and hyperlinks. Keyword use is just one search engine optimization (SEO) factor Google considers when ranking webpages, but it’s certainly important.
Properly researched and implemented keywords help get your webpages on the first page of Google results. Earning a high ranking is critical. Many – if not the majority of – visits to your website will come from prospects finding your webpages through Google.
- Multimedia Marketing
It’s best to leverage different content types. Multimedia content helps you reach different types of audiences as some topics are better suited for one format over another. For example, if you have a lot of statistics and data to share, create an easy-to-digest infographic.
Some example content formats are:
- Blog posts
- Email newsletters
- Pay-per-click (PPC) ads
- Case Studies
Content creation and promotion – through a variety of media and channels – sends signals to your target audience that you are an industry authority and willing to share your expertise.
Content Developers are Strategists
Content developers do more than just actually develop content.
They’re strategists who help you meet your specific business goals. To be effective, content developers must gain an in-depth understanding of the business, its competitors, industry trends, and the prospect’s decision making process.
For objectives such as lead generation, entering a new market or changing your revenue mix, content is a means to an end. The strategic value of content in realizing these objectives solidifies content creators as key players in your online marketing efforts.
>> Core Online Marketing is an outsourced online marketing agency with expertise in online advertising, content creation, content distribution, SEO, and much more! Contact us or sign up for our free online marketing seminar.
Need help managing your social media networks? Download our FREE resource guide: Top 5 Social Media Management Tools for Small Businesses (some of them are free).
Like this post? You’ll also enjoy:
- 7 Reasons Why Video Must Be a Part of Your Content Strategy
- How Content Marketing Helps You Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Why You Need to Blog
- Happy Holidays from Core Online Marketing! - December 21, 2018
- Social Marketing – A Powerful Business Development Tool - August 3, 2018
- Growing Your Business through Employee Advocacy - June 6, 2018
- Online Marketing and Sales Must Work Together to Close - March 28, 2018
- Businesses Are Using Social Marketing to Get Ahead: Are You? - February 16, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Core Online Marketing! - December 19, 2017
- How to Take a Business Approach to Online Marketing - December 8, 2017
- Core Online Marketing and Focus Announce a Strategic Partnership - October 11, 2017
- Distributors Beware: Online Companies (Like Amazon) Are Changing the Rules - August 30, 2017
- The Very Real Impact of Online Reviews [Infographic] - July 28, 2017