Social media is a critical component of the online marketing mix.
To get a positive business impact from social media activities, it must be approached strategically, and there must be active, on-going engagement. Organizations must participate in conversations with communities of interest, and respond promptly to inquires, comments or problems.
There are many business benefits associated with active and strategic use of social media for business development purposes:
- Brand building
- Inbound lead generation
- Search engine optimization/drive website traffic
- Customer service/retention
- Connecting with influencers
- Expanding reach/gaining access to new markets
- Securing referrals/recommendations
As with online marketing in general, it is crucial to track, measure, analyze, and optimize social media activities. Monitoring social media provides insight about how an organization, its competitors, and the industry as a whole are perceived. It also provides an opportunity to interact with customers. This information allows organizations to fine tune social media activities so they contribute to overall online marketing success.
Core Online Marketing Social Media Management
Core manages all social media activities and monitoring on behalf of clients. These activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Posting the organization’s own content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Posting industry-relevant content to social platforms
- Creating and uploading videos to YouTube
- Engaging with customers and influencers
- Monitoring social media activity using tools (e.g. Hootsuite)