Pay per click advertising, commonly known as PPC, is an effective way to market your business online.
PPC is just like it sounds; you create an online ad and you pay when people click on that ad. Those clicks lead to your website, or wherever you have targeted for them to land, like a conversion-focused landing page.
PPC ads are available in different formats and locations throughout the web, from text-based ads in search engines to display ads on certain websites (e.g. banner ads).
Advantages of PPC
PPC advertising is widely used by small and mid-sized businesses because it:
- Drives inbound leads and website traffic
- Allows you to get your business in front of searchers before you are ranking well in search results
- Provides detailed, measurable data on results
- Allows you to set your own budget, giving you cost control
- Is flexible, allowing you to refine campaigns as you go
- Provides useful information on consumer behaviour (e.g. what specific keyword led to a click on your ad?)
- Allows you to define your geographic area, whether it is global or hyper-local
- Is relatively straightforward to implement and maintain
PPC Ads with Google
Google’s PPC ads , called “AdWords”, are the most popular form of pay per click. Google offers two main types of PPC ads: Search Network ads and Display Network ads.
Search Network Ads
- Appear on Google results pages
- Allow you to target specific keywords and key phrases
- Are text-based
- Allow certain ad extensions, such as click to call or reviews
Display Network Ads
- Appear on websites that show AdWords ads
- Allow you to target specific websites, topics, audience demographics, etc.
- Use image, video, or rich media
Google AdWords also offers ad options such as pay per thousand impressions (for building brand awareness) or pay per acquisition (based on specific conversion targets).
>> Need help implementing an optimized, strategic PPC campaign? Our team of experts will make sure your investments in online advertising increase your visibility and generate qualified inbound leads. Contact us now to get started.
Like this? You might also like: